About Dr van der Mescht M.B.Ch.B (UOVS) TMCC
Dr Martina van der Mescht’s career trajectory has placed her in a position of esteem within the South African field of Aesthetic Medicine and is a sought-after Physician with an interest in Aesthetic Medicine.
Meet the Doctor
Dr van der Mescht is a medical doctor and physician with an interest in Aesthetic Medicine. She holds a medical degree earned from the University of the Free State in 1985. Her initial foray into Aesthetic Medicine came directly after completing medical school when she assisted well-known plastic surgeons from 1985-1989 while working at the Pretoria Military Hospital. For the next nine years she practiced medicine independently.
In 1998, Dr van der Mescht made the decision to shift her focus to the art and science of Aesthetic Medicine. This choice placed her as one of the original doctors in the country working with Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers from that time.
Her passion has focussed, for nearly twenty years, on Aesthetic and Anti-aging treatments.
Dr van der Mescht is committed to offering clients an advanced skill set and excellent aesthetic results.
To accomplish her goal of becoming a recognized specialist she has undertaken extensive training with industry giants.
To ensure her knowledge base stays current and continues to grow she attends and is a regularly invited speaker at international and local conferences for professionals in the Aesthetics Industry. These conferences further her education and highlight emerging techniques and technologies; they also provide her a platform with which to educate other doctors.
Advanced Education Received
- Diploma in Emergency Medicine
- Diploma in Travel Medicine
- Advanced Mesotherapy Training from Dr Philippe Petit
- Sclerotherapy teaching under the supervision of a vascular surgeon
- Advanced Aesthetic Treatment Training from Dr Koenraad de Boulle, Dr M de Maio,
Dr A Swift, Dr A Redaelli, Dr Signorini among others
- PRP training
- O-Shot training – specifically for women with severe gynaecological issues.
- Active member of Allergan Medical Aesthetic Academy
- Serves as an Allergan local country member (LCM)
- Offers training to other medical professionals seeking guidance in entering Aesthetic medicine
- Provides consulting services in Gauteng and within the North West Province.
In keeping with her pursuit of knowledge and emerging science pertaining to anti-aging Dr van der Mescht is involved with ongoing research and testing of bio-transformation i.e. cellular.
- Head doctor working with faculty of the Natural Sciences at the North West University Centre for Human Metabonomics.
Dr van der Mescht gives of her time and skills in her volunteer endeavours which include membership in:
- The West Rand Association for the Physically Disabled
- The Epilepsy Foundation of South Africa
What Dr van der Mescht Offers
Dr van der Mescht’s repertoire of treatments continues to expand. Her hygienic, comfortable and state of the art clinic and treatment rooms are located in Krugersdorp, Gauteng.
Procedures target visible aging and can result in rejuvenated, natural-looking appearances. Aesthetic treatments currently offered include Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers, chemical peels, Mesotherapy and Sclerotherapy i.e. laser therapy.
Contact the clinic today to book a consultation which includes a Visa™ Skin Assessment.
Hours of Operation:
Cash, Visa, Master Card